Leaking!

Another bloody leak! This time last year I was heading to Scotland and had to stop at Carlisle and repair the leaking box on the roof that the incompetent satellite fitters had put on. You can read about that here. I got it sorted in the end but in the process I put some of that sealant that comes on a roll, underneath the rubber seal for the flue. Extra protection I thought. Then there I am with wet feet, dreading looking in the wardrobe and sure enough, you can see the water stain on the card sleeve that covers the flue pipe. Grrr! So there’s another job to do. So much for that sealant too, it wasn’t cheap!

Leak!

No, not the veg, the box on the roof that Isatlan fitted for the satellite cables Grr!

I’ve been trying to get to Scotland for the winter and I’m stuck here sorting problems out and now that has started leaking. It was the devils ow job to get it off but once it was off it was clear it had been leaking for some considerable time. The wood is soft and warped under the aluminum on the roof.

I bought a new box from CES and some water proof sealant. The sealant alone was £15!! Never mind if it works I’m happy.  I also bought a box of sealant which is in a roll. It’s a gooey sort of mastic on a roll, it’s about an inch wide and 3 metres long. It says it’s waterproof so it can’t hurt to add some of that as a bed for the box to lie on, and to seal under the rubber seal of the flue. Just an added precaution. Let’s ope that’s an end of it.