Another leak, updated

This time I can’t blame this on Musa and Isatlan lol
I’d noticed with all this wet weather that there was a small amount of water coming from under the fire. I just wrote about it here. Sure enough, it was coming down the flue and ending up on the floor under the carpet. When I repaired the leak from when Musa fitted my satellite dish in 2006, as a precaution I had used some sealant as I knew the flue was leaking then. The sealant comes in a roll about an inch wide and I had used enough to form a base underneath the rubber that the flue pipe sits on. Clearly this sealant is useless because that’s where the leak is.

I went to Canwell Caravans who have had their place revamped and it looks really nice now. They had a flue pipe in for £7.99 and since fitting it it’s rained non-stop but no more leak.

The scary thing was that as I was replacing the pipe, I noted that the wood under the aluminium roof is so sodden that the first 3-4 mm actually falls apart when touched with a finger. 🙁  This will be as a result of the leak that went undetected for years and I hope this doesn’t weaken the roof!

Leaking!

Another bloody leak! This time last year I was heading to Scotland and had to stop at Carlisle and repair the leaking box on the roof that the incompetent satellite fitters had put on. You can read about that here. I got it sorted in the end but in the process I put some of that sealant that comes on a roll, underneath the rubber seal for the flue. Extra protection I thought. Then there I am with wet feet, dreading looking in the wardrobe and sure enough, you can see the water stain on the card sleeve that covers the flue pipe. Grrr! So there’s another job to do. So much for that sealant too, it wasn’t cheap!